In India MBA or Master’s is a popular postgraduate course. It offers multiple specializations including Hotel Management. If you want attractive perks, the opportunity to work around the world, and promising career prospects, you can choose Hotel management. If you want to pursue an MBA after completing Graduation in Hotel management, your profile can be enhanced further. Not just that new avenues of growth will be opened for you.
You May Also Like:- Hotel Management Entrance Exam 2024 The Ultimate Guide
Many new hotel management graduates contemplate what steps to take next in their careers. There are several benefits to pursuing higher studies after a bachelor’s degree in hotel management. It provides students with essential knowledge and skills for the hospitality industry.
In this article, we will go deep into the scope of pursuing an MBA after hotel management. Multiple aspects related to this career path will be explored which include the probable salary range, the top colleges offering MBA programs, and the eligibility criteria for admission. Valuable insights can be got by delving into these opportunities and benefits waiting for the aspiring professionals in the field of hotel management combined with business administration.
MBA in Hotel Management
A two years master’s degree program is offered as MBA after Hotel management. Fundamentally, this course is created to cater to the administrations and professions of the Restaurant, Hospitality, and Hotel industry. You can also call an MBA in hotel management or a Master’s in hospitality management by the name MBA in Hospitality Management.
The course MBA in Hotel Management is concentrated on the basics of management in different specializations. The hospitality MBA program can be joined after completing Hotel Management Graduation. There is a specific MBA course for each department.
Scope of MBA after Hotel Management
There are several advantages when one pursues an MBA after a hotel management degree. A wide range of career opportunities are included in the MBA after hotel management scope. Employers in the hospitality industry seek candidates who have skills in both hotel management and business administration. These are the advantages of an MBA after hotel management. Let us now know some key points that show the advantages and scope that get opened up when one pursues an MBA after Hotel Management
Enhanced Skills: Critical thinking, analytical skills, and essential management skills are developed by an MBA program. These are highly sought-after skills in the corporate world. The candidate gets a wider perspective on business strategies and operations.
Expanded Knowledge: one gets to gain in-depth theoretical knowledge when one pursues MBA after hotel management. They also get practical exposure to the business. One gets equipped with a comprehensive understanding of business practices and principles.
Higher Level Positions: When one gets an MBA after hotel management they can become a perfect candidate for higher level posts in companies or organizations.
Growth and Salary: When one gets an MBA after Hotel management they are bound to receive a positive impact on their career growth and salary. The candidate becomes a valuable asset in the company or organization once they complete an MBA after doing a Hotel Management degree.
Job opportunities after an MBA degree in hotel management:
Job opportunities are plenty when one completes an MBA after hotel management. One gets offered a high post after they complete an MBA after the hotel management degree. These job posts can be and are not limited to:
- Tourism Coordinator
- Food and Beverage Director
- Front Office Supervisor
- Assistant Director of Operations
- Room Division Manager
- Guest Relation Manager
- General Manager
- Group Regional Manager
- Director of Sales,
- Guest Experience Manager
- Director of Sales and Marketing
- Hotel Director
- Front Office Director
- Director of Financial Planning
Best MBA Courses for Hotel Management Graduates In India
Several MBA courses after hotel management are specifically designed for professionals working in the Hotel Management, Tourism, and Hospitality fields. Following are some of the best MBA courses and top colleges for MBA after Hotel Management.
PGDM/MBA in Hotel Management
- Indian Institute of Hotel Management, Kolkata
- Madras Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (MIHMCT), Chennai
- SUN International Institute for Tourism & Management (Sun Beach Campus), Visakhapatnam
- Subhas Bose Institute of Hotel Management, Kolkata
PGDM / MBA in Hospitality Management:
- Amity University, Greater Noida
- Lovely Professional University (LPU), Jalandhar
- Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences (RUAS), Bangalore
PGDM / MBA in Travel & Tourism Management:
- Mansarovar Global University (MGU), Sehore
- Welingkar Mumbai (WE School) – PGDM
- Krupanidhi School of Management (KSM), Bangalore
MBA in HR:
- Doon Business School, Dehradun
- Seacom Engineering College (SEC), Kolkata
- Sikkim Manipal University (SMU), Gangtok
- Koshys Group of Institutions (KOSHYS), Bangalore
MBA in Marketing:
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai
- Galgotias University, Greater Noida
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS), Pune
- ICBM – School of Business Excellence (ICBM-SBE), Hyderabad
MBA Degree Courses in the USA after Hotel Management
There are multiple courses that are offered by colleges and universities in the USA for MBA after Hotel management. They are:
- MBA in Global Hospitality Management.
- Masters in Marketing and Management for Luxury Tourism.
- Marketing and Retail in Hotel Management.
- Masters in International Hotel Management.
- Executive Masters in Hotel Management.
- MBA in Culinary Arts.
- MBA in Bartending.
- Masters in Hospitality Strategy and Digital Transformation.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Hospitality Management.
Courses you can pursue if you don’t want to pursue MBA in Hotel Management
Some of the higher studies that can be pursued after completing hotel management as a backup option apart from an MBA
- Master of Science in Hospitality Management: if you want to pursue a career in the hospitality industry this degree program is designed for students. Multiple topics are covered in it like event planning, hotel operations, and tourism management
- Master of Business Administration in Hospitality Management: if you are someone who would like to combine hospitality expertise with business skills this degree program will be suitable for you. Topics like marketing, operations, and finance are covered in it.
- Master of Tourism Management: If a student wants to pursue a career in the tourism industry, he or she can go for this degree. Topics like travel and tourism law, destination marketing, and tourism planning are covered in it.
To find out the higher study option that fits you the best you should first analyze your interests and find out your career goals. If a career in management catches your fancy then an MBA after hotel management is a great option. If you want to get into the hospitality industry and want to specialize in a particular area like event planning or tourism, you can opt for a master’s degree in that particular field.
Best Colleges in the USA for MBA in Hotel Management
- Stanford University.
- The University of Chicago.
- Dartmouth College.
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
- Northwestern University.
- The University of Pennsylvania.
- Yale University.
- Harvard University.
- Texas State University.
- The University of California.
Syllabus of MBA in Hotel Management
- The Hotel Development Process.
- The Hotel Organization.
- Food and Beverage Division.
- Human Resource Policy Management.
- Food Safety and Nutrition.
- Customer Relationship and Service Management.
- Central Reservation System Procedures.
- Operations of Rooms.
- Marketing and Associated Activities
- Entrepreneurship Development.
Eligibility Criteria for MBA after Hotel Management
Aspiring students require to fulfill certain educational requirements and eligibility criteria set by business schools and universities offering MBA programs if they want to go for an MBA after getting a degree in hotel management. While there can be different specific requirements for different institutions some prerequisites are common for getting admitted to MBA after hotel management. Some general requirements are as follows:
- Finishing a bachelor’s degree course from a recognized university:. The course should be of at least 3 years duration in Hotel Management and related fields like BHM, BBA, BHMCT, BTTM, or equivalent qualification.
- Requirement of minimum marks: a minimum percentage or CGPA requirement is needed for admission by most MBA programs. Though it varies institution-wise and the specific program, generally the minimum marks range is between 50% to 60%.
- Work experience: sometimes MBA after hotel management requires work experience from the candidate in the relevant field. Though this need is different across programs and institutions. While there is a requirement for fresh graduates too in some programs, some need working professionals.
- Entrance Exams: exams like GMAT(Graduate Management Admission Test), MAT (Management Aptitude Test), and XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test and Common Aptitude Test) are required by many programs. The candidate’s aptitude in areas like logical reasoning, verbal ability, and quantitative ability is assessed by these exams.
- Group discussion and personal interview: After the entrance exam is cleared, there can be a shortlist for a group discussion round and a personal interview round. The communication skills, overall suitability, and problem-solving abilities of the candidate are evaluated in these rounds of personal interviews and group discussions.
It is critical to take notice that the eligibility criteria differ from one institution to another and is different for different programs of MBA after hotel management. Therefore, it is absolutely important to check the specific requirements of the universities and colleges that you are interested in applying to.
Fees Of an MBA course in Hotel Management in India
Different institutes have different fees for MBA after hotel management but on average, MBA in hotel management fees starts from Rs 2,00,000 to Rs 7,00,000.
MBA In Hotel Management Course Fees In USA
Every college has a different fee structure for MBA after hotel management. However, mostly the fees for an MBA or Master’s degree in hospitality management start from $29,460.77 USD and can go up to a maximum of $45,530.28 for a year.
Salary Prospects After MBA
Salary prospects after completing MBA after a Hotel Management degree can improve significantly. Various factors can have an impact on the salary you are getting This can be your prior work experience, the field you are specialized in, the institute you graduated from, the industry you choose to work in, and your prior work experience. Usually, you can expect lucrative job offers and competitive salaries if you complete your MBA after Hotel Management.
If you begin your career with a mid-level managerial position, you can be offered an annual average MBA in hotel management salary of around INR 4-8 lakhs. There will be a hike in the salary as you progress to higher-level positions after gaining experience. If you get a position of Director of Operations or a General Manager in the hotel industry, you can get an annual salary ranging from INR 15 lakhs to INR 30 lakhs. This depends on your expertise and organization. It is important to know that the salary figures can be different based on factors like company size, industry trends, and economic conditions.
Salary after MBA in Hotel Management
One earns a handsome salary amount after doing an MBA after hotel management. On average, the annual salary will range from $42,000 to $100,911.This is quite a good amount for having a good lifestyle in the USA.
Top recruiters for those who pursued MBA in Hotel Management
Many reputed companies recruit MBA in Hotel management graduates. Some of them are
- Taj Group of Hotels
- ITC Welcome Group
- The Leela
- Qatar Airways
- Carnival Cruise
- Marriott International
- Starwood Hotels and Resorts
- Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- InterContinental Hotel groups,
- The Lalit Hotels
- The Oberoi Group
Talented and experienced professionals who can contribute to managing resorts and hotels are highly sought after by these companies. Someone who does MBA after hotel management will have the knowledge and skills necessary to fulfill these roles.
There are also many organizations in addition to the aforementioned companies that employ MBAs who have a background in hotel management. These include :
- Government tourism agencies
- Cruise lines
- Restaurant chains
- Event planning companies
The MBA in hotel management equips one with the skills and knowledge necessary to shine in a number of roles in the hospitality industry.
You can get a competitive edge in the industry when you complete an MBA in hotel management after completing a bachelor’s degree in hotel management. A range of diverse career opportunities also opens up as a result. An MBA degree makes one equipped with the necessary leadership skills, business acumen, and industry knowledge that ultimately allows one to succeed in leadership and managerial roles. When you attend reputable colleges and choose the right specialization, the chances of having lucrative career options and the opportunity for significant growth in the career are secured. However particular programs and institutions have to be evaluated and researched so that they match with your career aspirations and goals.