When it comes to starting a new restaurant by yourself, you need to acknowledge so many important aspects. Multiple staff members are also needed to run the restaurant smoothly. You need to also give your full focus on the quality of the food and the good behavior with the customers. As a senior captain of a restaurant, he or she needs to tackle a lot of responsibilities or duties on a regular basis.
For the satisfaction of the customers and to provide a good quality management system and food, he or she needs to be very punctual. The senior captain shares one of the most vital or key roles in running the student effectively. However, looking at the current marketing strategy, the duties and responsibilities of senior captains also vary.
Today hearing this article, we are going to cover most of the important details regarding the position of senior captain in the hotel, including the duties and responsibilities of senior captain. Let us get started by knowing all of the information individually.
Major Duties And Responsibilities Of A Senior Captain In The Restaurants
When you are holding the position of a senior captain in a particular hotel or restaurant, there are a lot of responsibilities and duties that need to be performed every day. There should not be any lack in the performances; otherwise, it will bring a negative impact on the restaurant. Let’s find out the key responsibilities and duties of the senior captain in hotel.
- When you are the duty of senior captain, it is your duty to welcome all of the guests in the hotel with warm gestures and politeness.
- In a friendly manner, you need to share always an impressive farewell and thank you and request them to visit again to receive the hospitality.
- Share the best table assistance for the guests
- Help the guests to find their seats.
- Serve all of the services on time for the customers.
- Need to offer a quality presentation and a standard menu card.
- Communicate with the guests by using proper and fluent language. Receive calls from customers in a timely and provide assistance.
- The senior captain should be able to give any one of the Answers regarding the questions from the customers.
- You need to be very patient to tackle any complicated situations or arguments from the side of the customers.
- All of the services should be provided at the correct time with good quality food and well-managed services.
- Serve all of the quality foods and beverages on the demand of the customers.
- Try to arrange the tables and chairs in perfect order and decorate the whole ambiance perfectly according to the special days.
- Do not forget to record the transaction and orders from the customers for the first time.
- Even the senior captain will also have to communicate with anyone of the questions regarding the kitchen from the customers.
- They need to also be very punctual about Product availability and the length of wait for the ordering food.
- Give all your attention when the customer is asking for new orders.
- Always ensure to provide a satisfactory service.
- Try to maintain proper hygiene and cleansing in each one of the areas in the hotel.
- Make accurate billing According to the orders.
- Another duty of the senior captain is to manage and maintain the front desk and the back area of the hotel well organized and maintained.
- Try to complete all of the duties on a daily basis.
- Try to teach junior staff members to enhance their productivity.
- Any one of the complaints should be resolved quickly of the customers.
Senior Captain Salary In India In Hotel
Depending on the experience of the senior captain, the salary scale changes. Senior captain salary in India may be anything; however, here we have collected the average salary scale for the captain of hotels or restaurants. The average salary scale in India for the senior captain is 2.7 lakhs per year who have three or four years of experience.
While on the other side that have experience of 9 to 10 years may get a salary scale of 3.8 lakhs.
Experience Needed To Become A Senior Captain In A Hotel
After completing the diploma or degree courses in hotel management or in the related category, the candidate should also have experience in this field. To work in a 5 Star International Hotel, the candidate should have experience from 2 years to 3 years. However, on the other side, with an average of 1 year of experience, the candidate may get a placement in any one of the hotels in India with the average salary scale.
Moreover, the candidate may also get regular assistance from senior people while working in a particular organization.
Required Things To Become Senior Captain
There are some important aspects that should be in all of the senior captains. The major criteria are in the below paragraph.
- He or she should have excellent command over both the writing and spoken English language.
- He or she should have a pleasant personality and gestures.
- The person needs to be an expert for the knowledge of food and beverage service.
- The person needs to have excellent service skills.
- Education qualification to become senior captain in the hotel
- To become a senior captain in the hotel; there are also some education qualifications that the candidates need to be eligible for that.
- The candidate should have the qualification of a diploma or Degree In hotel management. He or she should have the proper knowledge of MS Office, Property Management system, and point-of-sale systems.
This is all the information regarding the senior captain and the key responsibilities and duties of the senior captain in the hotel. Through the help of this particular article, we have also shared information about educational qualifications. People who are looking for the salary scale of the position of senior captain can also find out the information here in this article.