Traveling and staying in hotels have become an integral part of everyone’s lives – be it for business or leisure. With the idea of ‘Workcations‘ and ‘Staycations’ becoming more predominant after post-pandemic, hotels around the world are now looking for innovative ways to enhance and enrich their guests’ experiences.
One of the best ways to do this is through hotel membership programs. These provide guests with a lots of benefits that loyal customer can enjoy. But what are the benefits of hotel memberships?
This article will help you understand the multiple options of hotel memberships available, how they are different from regular bookings and much more. So, let’s start!
Top 9 Best Hotel Membership Program In India
What are the different types of hotel memberships available?
The concept of hotel membership comes from frequent travelling and a need to provide guests with the best so that they become regular customers. Hotel memberships help in all the requirements of guests who regularly visit the Hotel. Some of the most
common hotel memberships are:
- Travel Memberships: This is a conglomerate formed between banks, airlines, and hotel chains. These membership cards offer points and rewards for members for everything from airline expenses to hotel stays. These hotel membership programs in India that also work as travel cards are perfect for those who travel from one city to another for work.
- Loyalty Programs: One of the most common types of hotel memberships is loyalty programs. After all, who wouldn’t want to get some benefit from going back to the same hotel? People who hold these cards can redeem their saved points for benefits such as discounted room rates, complimentary stays, and others. Another benefit of hotel membership under loyalty programs is exclusive use of the pool or special dishes from the restaurant.
- Timeshare Membership program: This is a fairly new concept where people who travel frequently can use the same facilities under shared ownership with others. For example, if a person travels every 6 months to a city, instead of buying a property there, they can invest in a timeshare. One of the biggest benefits of hotel membership when it comes to timeshare is that your property is not lying vacant throughout the time you are not there. This means that it is well taken care of, and no nuisance of squatters can occur.
- Club Membership Programs: Most upscale resorts and hotels have exclusive membership programs that provide personalized and luxurious experiences for their loyal guests. These members can avail of services such as spa facilities, dedicated butler and concierge services, private lounge options, and more. This exclusive benefits option helps elevate the experience of the guest who are saying at the hotel.
How is hotel membership different from booking hotels?
Hotel members differ from normal hotel bookings due to multiple factors. This is why it is an attractive option for frequent travelers who stop over or stay in the same city again and again.
- Exclusivity: One of the biggest differences lies in the concept of exclusivity. Guests receive multiple benefits of hotel membership, such as private lounges, spas, and member-only sections. These are often kept exclusively for members.
- Long-term savings: Unlike normal bookings, memberships are designed to create a sense of loyalty between the hotel and its guests. The long-term benefit of complementary meals, discounted rooms, and more are central to the appeal of the idea of membership.
- Personalized Experience: Another benefit of hotel membership is the personalized experience that guests receive. Loyalty members are taken care of during their stay with the hotel, and the perfect way to do that is via personalized experience.
Best examples of Club Memberships in Hotels
- Marriott Bonvoy:
The Marriott Bonvoy is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to volume, with over 500 luxury hotels and thousands of budget hotels across 131 countries and over 1.5 million rooms. Marriot has multiple co-branded credit cards, such as American Express and Chase, where you can earn points.
Another perk of using these cards is the ‘fifth-night free’ benefit of hotel membership. If you book 5 consecutive nights, you get the lowest price for zero points. You can also transfer your Marriott points to over 40 airline partners.
- Hilton Honors:
Second, on our list is the second biggest chain of hotels – the Hilton, with over 6400 hotels in 118 countries and near about 1 million rooms. Hilton collaborated with Amex to offer reward points. They have also partnered with 4 co-branded American Express credit cards to offer bonuses to the users.
- World of Hyatt:
Next on our list is Hyatt’s loyalty program, with over 1600 hotels across the world. Hyatt points are easier to acquire than Marriott or Hilton, and rates are cheaper as well. The Hyatt group provides members with facilities such as complimentary breakfasts, suite upgrades, and waived resort and parking fees on award nights, among others.
- Club ITC:
ITC offers multiple programs and benefits for its members with options such as vouchers, staycation options, spa sojourns, fine dining, and much more. These are perfect for guests to want to experience a little bit of luxury without burning a hole in their pockets.
How can you become a member of a Hotel Loyalty Program?
If you are looking to become a member of a loyalty program at a hotel, there are multiple ways you can apply:
- Talk to the hotel directly: If you are constantly traveling and prefer staying in the same hotel, then why not talk to them directly about their loyalty programs? Most hotels have the availability of loyalty managers on-call and will connect you directly with them.
- Enroll online: You can also register yourself for loyalty programs online. Most hotels have an official website where they have a specific section for loyalty programs. Just register yourself, add your personal information and contact details, and the hotel will contact you further.
- Multiple tier options: Most hotels with loyalty programs have tier concepts based on the type of member activity. When members accumulate more points, they advance higher in the tier system. When they advance higher, they gain more benefits.
- Cards and Apps: Post enrollment, members generally receive a membership card or an app that helps track points easily. These apps or cards can also be used for airline tickets and other benefits as well.
Do hotel memberships provide discounts on room rates and other services?
When guests become loyalty members, they receive multiple benefits of hotel membership. These include:
- Discounts on room rates: Members get exclusive rates for hotel rooms which makes their stay more affordable than normal. This is perfect for regular travelers looking for cost-effective options. In some cases, if members have enough points saved, they get free rooms as well.
- Complimentary services: As per the tier system, members get complimentary services such as free airport transfers, free breakfast, and more.
- Spa and other discounts: Loyalty program members can also avail of multiple discounts for spas, clubs, and hotel restaurants during their stay.
Can hotel memberships be shared or transferred with family or friends?
Hotel memberships can be transferred or shared depending on the hotel policy and membership type.
- Loyalty programs: These are non-transferable programs that are often linked to a personal account. But some hotels allow members to redeem or gather points for friends and family. This is prevalent in hotel membership programs in India, where the hotels understand the value family holds for Indian households.
- Club memberships: Club memberships are generally transferable and can be shared among family and friends.
Are hotel memberships really worth it?
Hotel memberships are a choice. Its value depends on the travelers preferences and choices.
- Frequent travelers: For frequent travelers who prefer staying in specific hotel chains, having a membership with that hotel can be a massive advantage. With travel comes multiple benefits and rewards.
- Occasional travelers: If someone travels infrequently, or prefers staying in multiple hotel options, then a membership card may not be that advantageous.
The world of hotel membership opens the doors of luxury and privilege that most people have not experienced in their lifetimes. Whether loyalty programs, co-branded credit cards, or even timeshare options – the benefits of hotel membership are endless. The personalized services and value that they offer cannot be matched. But that depends on the requirement of the guest. If they are frequent travelers then a hotel membership makes sense. But, if they prefer staying in different places, then it offers no value. Overall, if you are looking for a sip of luxury amongst the mundane routine of life, then hotel memberships are the perfect window for you.