What is a reservation in hotel?
The holding aside or blocking of a specific room for a guest for a defined period of time in accordance with the request made by the visitor while making the booking is referred to as a reservation in hotel.
Reservation in hotel in advance significantly improves a visitor’s chances of finding a fantastic deal and having a clean well-maintained room available when they arrive.
It entails gathering information from the client, such as name, contact information, and payment method, and then making an advance reservation for a hotel.
This makes it possible for hotels to control their occupancy levels more efficiently by preventing empty rooms brought on by low or excessive bookings. Additionally, it enables clients to schedule accommodations in advance without worrying about availability when they reach.
Top 9 Best Hotel Membership Program In India
Guaranteed reservation in a hotel
The hotel booked the room for visitors after receiving the full payment. If a hotel overbooks, they must move a guest to a room of equal or greater value within the same property or pay for a room at a different property.
A confirmed reservation is one where you haven’t paid your reservation in full yet, but the hotel agrees to reserve a room for you subject to a condition.
A guaranteed reservation in hotel is one where you have paid your reservation amount in full and the hotel is required to hold the room for you.
Types of reservations in hotel industry:
Confirm Reservation: A confirmed reservation is an assurance from the hotel that the person will be given a room if they arrive on the scheduled arrival date and time before the hotel’s cancellation hours. Even when the confirmed guest has not yet paid, the hotel holds the room under certain restrictions. There are two types of confirmed reservations like
- Non-guaranteed Reservation: A reservation at a hotel is considered non-guaranteed if the guest confirms it but does not make a deposit to secure it. In this type of reservation, unless the guest notifies the hotel of his delayed arrival, the hotel agrees to hold the room for the guest until the cancellation hour.
- Guaranteed Reservation: If a guest makes a guaranteed reservation, the hotel agrees to hold the room for them and not give it to another guest, even if they are late for check-in. The guest is required to pay in advance (either in full or in part, depending on the hotel policy and the occupancy for the requested stay days).
Reservation on a waitlist: When the specified dates and room category are unavailable, a reservation is placed on the waitlist. When a hotel gets a cancellation request for a room in the same category, it will confirm any reservations on the queue.
Provisional Reservation: When a potential guest requests a reservation for an upcoming day of arrival, the hotel makes a provisional reservation for that guest in its records and sends the potential guest a letter of offer. The hotel converts a tentative reservation to a confirmed reservation after receiving the guest’s updates.
Importance of Hotel Reservation
A reservation enhances the likelihood that the traveler will receive a better rate for ensured lodging when they arrive. Reservations help hotels to manage their guests’ experiences during slow and busy periods more effectively. There are so many importance of Hotel Reservations like
- Visitors get a fully arranged home when they reach.
A guest who makes a reservation in advance will have a guarantee that the rooms will be available when they reach the booked for their entire stay with the amenities such as the number of rooms, accommodations, and beds. It saves a lot of time from searching for a room when you get there, especially in busy seasons when most hotels are booked.
- Budgeting and planning
Guests may plan and manage their budget for the tour by considering the amount they will be spending on lodging, food and drink, entertainment, and other expenses. Prebooking hotel reservation helps to estimate the overall budget including schedule their excursions, sightseeing, or work trips
- Additional perks
Certain hotels offer luxurious and beneficial amenities, such as a spa, salon, gym, swimming pool, airport pick-up, drop-off, sightseeing, a business center with secretarial services, etc., which will be guaranteed to the guest once a room reservation has been made. Additionally, the hotel provides any function space, boardroom, meeting space, and shuttle service to and from the hotel if guests booked for that.
Modes of reservation in hotels:
- System of manual hotel reservations
Using a manual hotel reservation system is a conventional method that excludes cutting-edge technologies. This means that the hotel would manage reservations physically, such as with paper-based notebooks, via telephone, or in person.
- Online hotel booking system
An online booking system that uses the internet to manage chores and interface with other online systems is a web-based hotel reservation system. Compared to a manual system, it is a highly preferred way to manage reservations, accessibility, and distribution.
- Central reservation system for hotels
Hotels utilize central reservation systems (CRS) to control room availability, pricing, and bookings. It frequently functions as a component of the hotel’s property management system, but it can also operate independently. Using online tools greatly simplifies, accelerates, and improves everything.
Types of reservation in Hotel front office
Depending on the requirements and preferences of the visitors, several reservations can be made at a hotel’s front desk including
- Individual reservation: Typically when they are single travelers or family travelers, potential guests can approach the hotel individually to make a reservation for lodging.
- Request from Corporate Agent: A company might ask a hotel to book rooms for its staff, customers, or visitors.
- Group reservation for any program: Various SMERF or NGO institutions ask to reserve hotels for athletes, diplomatic delegations, groups participating in performing arts programs, workshop groups, and similar groups traveling to various locations.
In conclusion, reservation in hotel is a crucial part of the travel planning process because it enables visitors to book their lodging in advance and prevents headaches at the last minute. But before making a reservation, it’s crucial to thoroughly investigate to get a successful and positive hotel reservation experience.
You May Also Like