Briefing in hotel is the vital part that every hotel should do before the start of work every day. Briefing helps to inform every customer what the hotel they are booking for that period can do for them, what they can benefit from them, and also what is likely to happen if some of their expectation is not meant.
In This Article, we will give you in detail all you need to know about the briefing in hotel and other things that can benefit you from it.
What Is The Meaning Of Briefing In Hotel
Briefing in hotel is the passing of daily information on how the hotel will operate on that day, the event that will happen, and also tasks that should be carried out by the hotel staff, manager, supervisor, and every other team member in the hotel. The time limit of briefing in a hotel is not more than 15 to 20 minutes and it should be done every day before the beginning of work.
Why Is Briefing In Hotel Important
A Lot of people lack the knowledge of why they should be briefing in hotel because they don’t think it is necessary but I will show you some of the importance of these;
- The briefing will help to enlighten every worker on the roles they are to play on each working day.
- Briefing helps to educate the staff on how to approach every new customer and even an old one.
- It will help them know the function, and services of the hotel well.
- It helps to provide them with a full review of the hotel’s rules and policies.
- It helps to educate them on the likes and dislikes of the customers.
- It helps the workers to bring contributions of how that hotel will move forward with each passing day.
- It helps the workers to know what should avoid and what not to avoid in the hotel
- It helps workers to know what they should allow customers to bring into the hotel and what they should not allow.
- It helps the staff and every team member to know how to treat their customers
- It helps the workers to get corrections for any wrong mistake they have made before.
- It also helps to appreciate the effort of every worker.
- It helps to motivate the workers, get them prepared for what is ahead and also move the business to be successful.
What Are The Types Of Briefing In Hotel
Let’s look at some of the briefings that should be done every day before the beginning of work;
- Several Hotel Bookings: the teams and workers should be enlightened on the number of hotel bookings that should be coming in daily.
- Sections and Assignments of tasks: they should be informed of the roles they are to play each day.
- VIPs/Special Guests: if any special guests are coming to the hotel that day, they should be properly informed and also where they will be staying. Proper information on how to treat the VIPs should be given to all the staff so that they will be mindful of how they treat them.
- Group Bookings: There is how and where to put anyone that books the hotel as a group. This information should be passed across to every staff member.
- Special Dietary Needs: The staff should be informed of the dietary to be given to some customers because not all customers take the same meals
- Non-Available Items: the staff should be able to know some of the items that are not available in the hotel and also know how to reply to customers when they request them.
- Foods and Drinks Specials: in a world where not everybody eats the same thing or drink, the workers should be informed to ask the customer what food and drinks are best for them.
- Price and Constructive Feedback: The price of everything should be communicated well to the workers. To avoid making any mistakes when they’re with a customer should should be communicated well to them and this can only be done during briefing time.
- Short Training: if need be, the workers should be trained on service etiquette, beverages, and also food knowledge before the beginning of work each day.
The Difference Between Briefing And Debriefing In Hotel Industry
Just as I have shown you from the beginning, I said that briefing in hotel is the act of giving out specific information about the hotel to the staff, manager, supervisor, and also team members on the daily activities that will take place on that day while Debriefing in hotel is the process of obtaining useful information from your customers, interrogating them or even to get reviews from them concerning your hotel, or to find out the purpose of their visit to your hotel and what they love most in the most.
Let’s look at the difference between briefing and debriefing in hotel in the aspect of definition, sequence, military, and also benefits. These will be done in a table format. Let’s see it below:
|It is passing information in a precise and concise way to workers, staff, managers, team members, and supervisors.
|It is the process of finding out vital information from a customer, getting reviews about your company from them, or finding interesting information from them.
|they are divided into four ways which will be listed below:
|It gives the workers clarity in their daily tasks.
|It helps the hotel to find out more about the hotel or to get vital information that can be of help to the hotel.
What Is Briefing In Housekeeping
Briefing in housekeeping is the act of informing the team member in charge of the housekeeping on the way to perform their duties rightly in the area of cleaning, running the hotel, and maintaining orderliness in the hotel and its surroundings. The briefing in housekeeping helps to instruct the workers on how to maintain the hotel in the aspect of cleanliness and maintaining a highly peaceful environment for the customers.
Let’s look at why briefing in housekeeping is important:
- It helps the workers to know why they should
maintain the hotel more especially in cleanness.
- Always do regular cleaning in the hotel effectively and efficiently.
- To make use of equipment that is safe and of high quality in cleaning the hotel.
- To maintain and manage the laundry and lines.
- To control and prevent pests.
- To have classic and nice interior decorations.
- To make sure that the furniture, fittings, and fixtures of the hotel are being taken good care of.
Now that you know the reason why briefing in housekeeping is important, let’s move on to the next one.
Divisions In Briefing In Housekeeping
The divisions that should be talked about during the briefing in housekeeping should be;
- Front Office: this is the place where the guest both checks in and out, information and mail service, and concierge services are being attended to. So proper briefing should be done on it.
- Beverages and Food: this is the department that is in charge of the food menus, and managing inventory of food and also that of beverages. They are also in charge of room services in the art of delivering food or beverages to the customers.
- Uniformed Service Department: these people are in charge of the door, drivers, bell, packing, and porters attendants.
- Sales and Marketing: this team is in charge of adverts, sales, services, promotions, and a public-relations of the hotel.
- Security: This team helps to make sure that the property of the hotel is safe and secure for everyone in the hotel.
- Accounts: they are in charge of all financial activities of the hotel such as receiving payments, producing bills, delivering payments, and compensations. They carry out the activity of compiling the monthly and annual statements and depositing and securing cash for the hotel. They also help to monitor and control assets.
- Maintenance: this team is in charge of making sure that the property of the company is been taking good care of in terms of maintenance. They ensure that when their team can not handle the damage in the hotel they reach out to other people outside to get everything fixed without wasting much time because it may affect the customers.
- Engineering and Technology: they are in charge of making sure that the hotel equipment is all operational and working. Their during involves, the meaning of telephone, hotel management software, and also the internet. This department is in charge of upgrading the hotel’s software and hardware. The reason for this is to promote the speed of technology in the hotel.
- Human Resources: they are in charge of fixing the right staff to work in a department. They conduct interviews and also recruit workers in the hotel. They help to set salaries and wages for every worker that they recruit to the hotel. They help to make sure that the hotel meets its safety and administration standards without compromising in any way.
With all this department you will be about to get the purpose of your briefing in housekeeping when they take out their duty properly and in the right way.
I know you’ve been able to get the reason why you should always go for a briefing in hotel. This helps you to set out a good report of what you want in a day and with the debriefing in hotel you get to know if the purpose of that was achieved and you get to find out what new thing you don’t know that happened that day. Briefing in housekeeping helps to make sure that you know the division to give your briefing and what each is. The team should do it. I hope you learned something here.