If you are working in the hospitality industry, you get to interact with several people as you have to provide service to them. There are several jobs in this sector that not only help you earn a good income but also open up new doors of opportunities and help you advance in your career. You have the opportunity to get the highest paying jobs in hotel industry.
Hospitality is a vast industry and while looking for job opportunities in this sector, you might come across some positions in which the pay is less because this depends on the supply and demand ratio. It is, however, important for you to know that there are high-paying jobs available in this sector. If you get the highest salary in hotel management, that will surely benefit you.
Professionals whose primary roles and responsibilities revolve around providing services to customers, do get a good salary package irrespective of whether they are looking for opportunities in a chain of hotels or a five-star resort. There are several job opportunities available and these include jobs in hospitals, restaurants, bars, hotels etc. Getting the highest paid jobs in hotel management will surely benefit you.
The hotel jobs high paying are the ones where you will have to interact with the customers directly and provide them with the best of services. This is a career that revolves mainly around the hospital, hotel and aviation industry. If you are interested in working in a hotel or a resort, you should have a strong desire to talk to people and should also be ready to provide them with the best of services. You do have good opportunities in India to get highest paying jobs in a hotel.
If you get the highest paying jobs in hotels, you will have to always have to stay up on your feet to ensure that you provide excellent services to the customers. There are some positions also that need you to have specific skills. You might have to start working in an entry-level position where the pay might not be initially good but here you will get several opportunities to move up the ladder.
If you work in a hotel or a resort in the mid-level and the high-level positions, you will surely get a very good package. However, it might also require you to pursue higher studies to apply for these lucrative job positions. You should try finding the highest paying jobs in hotel management in India.
20 best highest paying jobs in hotel industry
Given below is a list of the 20 highest paying jobs in hotel industry. If you work in any of these positions, you will surely get the highest salary in hospitality industry.
The Hotel Manager is the Brand ambassador of the Hotel.
Their primary responsibilities include:
- Managing the operations in the hotel including staff management.
- Making sure that the guests have a good experience at the hotel.
- Creating the Budget and the Room Rates.
- Hiring, interviewing and training the new joiners.
- Helping guests to solve issues.
The average salary of the Hotel Manager is around Rs. 900000/- annually. This is without doubt one of the highest paying jobs in hotel industry.
Hotel Sales Director
The Hotel Sales Director has a very important role to play in large resorts or hotels. They need to strategize and implement the sales plans in a way that will help in increasing the hotel’s occupancy, thereby generating good revenue.
The job responsibilities of the Hotel Sales Director include:
- Creating and implementing efficient marketing plans.
- Networking with the wholesalers and the travel agents.
- Negotiating the rates of the hotel rooms.
- Conducting market research.
- Providing good quality customer service to the guests.
To drive the booking strategies, the Hotel Sales Director often uses sales tools supplied by the corporates. Some of them who work for independent establishments might also have to develop a system. The average salary for Hotel Sales Directors across all hotels or resorts is around $184,774 annually. This is one of the highest paying jobs in hotel industry.
Human Resource Manager
The Human Resource Manager or more popularly known as HR Manager plays a crucial role in the running of any organization including the hotels. As the staff size and the number of moving parts that help an organization to function well, increases, a dedicated Human Resource Manager is needed. He or she will be responsible for the smooth functioning of the resort or the hotel.
The HR manager has to perform several duties including but not limited to the following:
- Planning how the hotel will use the talent and skills of the employees.
- Being a middleman between employees and management.
- Checking the employee benefits.
- Coordinating the interview process to hire the best talents.
- Handling all kinds of staff issues including disputes and disciplinary procedures.
- Dealing with HR issues that include sexual harassment and employment opportunities.
The HR Managers can work within the hotel or they might operate from the corporate office of the hotel. The salaries of the HR Manager vary depending on the location and the years of experience. The average salary is about $126,230 annually. This is also considered to be one of the highest paying jobs in hotel industry.
Hotel Director of Operations
If there are too many employees working in a hotel, it might be difficult for one manager to handle everything. It is here that the role of the hotel director of operations comes into play. This can also be counted as one of the highest paying jobs in hotel industry.
He or she is the one who takes care of all the operational aspects of the hotel.
The responsibilities of the Hotel Director of Operations include:
- High-level management of the budgets, staff, sales and marketing.
- Maintaining the safety and security protocols and the housekeeping standards.
- Setting the tone for the policies and procedures across all the departments.
- Handling customer complaints.
The average salary for this position is somewhere around $99,381 annually.
The gambling manager in a hotel is the one who is responsible for all the casino operations. For this position, you need to have strong knowledge about the rules of the games that are offered by the hotel or the resort. This is another job that can be counted as one of the highest paying jobs in hotel industry.
The job responsibilities include:
- Supervising the staff.
- Maintaining operational and safety standards.
- Ensuring that the patrons abide by the gaming laws.
- Formulating house rules for the casino.
- Removing cheaters that include other players or the card counters.
- Interviewing, hiring and training workers.
- Reviewing financial records and ensuring the accuracy of the accounting practices of the casino.
- Promoting gaming events and tournaments to attract players and increasing the revenue of the hotel.
The average salary for this position is around $76,910 annually.
The executive chef of the resort or hotel takes care of the operations in the kitchen. These chefs in most cases have several years of working experience in restaurants. There are also chances of them attending culinary school.
The responsibilities of the Executive Chef include:
- Menu planning, supervising the kitchen staff and preparing food.
- Maintaining order supplies and inventory.
- Controlling Food costs.
- Managing other culinary stuff.
The average salary of the executive chef is around $87,191 annually. This is another job that can be counted under the highest paying jobs in hotel industry.
Food Service Managers
The Food Service Manager takes care of the restaurants and other establishments of the resort.
The responsibilities include:
- Giving necessary instructions to staff to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Hiring, training and managing the food service employees.
- Ordering equipment and supplies.
- Overseeing food preparation.
- Inspecting work area, supplies and equipment.
- Ensuring that the hotel maintains all the safety standards and follows rules and regulations.
- Addressing complaints about the quality of the food and service
- Managing the budgets and the payroll.
The Food Service Manager along with the executive chef ensures that the guests enjoy their dining experience. To apply for the position of Food Service Manager, you might require a High School Diploma along with several years of experience in the food service industry. You might require another additional degree. The average salary is around $73,650 annually. This is also another job that is rated as one of the highest paying jobs in hotel industry.
Hotel Chief Engineer
Running a hotel or a resort is not just about clean rooms and excellent customer service, there are rather several other things that have to be taken care off. The Hotel Chief Engineer takes care of everything starting from elevators to laundry machines to plumbing fixtures to door locks. In most cases, they report to the GM or the General Manager and at times to the Director of Operations.
The roles and responsibilities of the Hotel Chief Engineer include:
- Developing preventive maintenance plans and overseeing the safety inspections.
- Being the Point of Contact for the external contractors who need to be given access to the different facilities including the elevator repair companies, electricians, plumbers and other general contractors.
The average salary for the Hotel Chief Engineer is somewhere around $67,337 annually. This certainly comes under the category of one of the highest paying jobs in hotel industry.
The Travel Manager directs, operates and administers a travel program. This is another profile that falls under the highest paying jobs in hotel industry. They mostly work during the normal business hours. At times, they also work during weekends and evenings. They assist people with issues that might arise at the time of their travelling.
The responsibilities of the Travel Manager include:
- Making travel arrangements for the business executives and other staff members.
- Evaluating travel services and deals.
- Processing documents.
- Making necessary arrangements for accommodations.
- Planning Travel itinerates.
The average salary for this profile is around $46,028 annually.
The sommelier is a professional who selects and serves wine to the guests who are put up in the hotel. They are experts in the production of wine, are aware of the variety of grapes available and know to pair food and wine in the best way.
The key responsibilities include:
- Storing wines
- Managing inventory
- Rotating the stock to maintain quality.
The average salary of a sommelier is around $61,866 annually and this is regarded as one of the highest paying jobs in hotel industry.
Irrespective of whether someone visits a hotel as a part of a business trip or to relax during a vacation, they would always want to have a pleasant experience. It is the lodging managers who ensure that the guests are taken good care off. He or she ensures that the hotel or the resort runs smoothly and also helps the hotel t generate profits.
The responsibilities of a Lodging Manager include:
- Ensuring that the public areas, the guest rooms and the grounds are clean.
- Supervising the staff and making sure that the guests are happy with the experience.
- Answering questions relating to the services and the policies.
- Interviewing, hiring and training new staff.
- Setting the room rates
- Budgeting and taking care of the expenditures.
The Lodging Managers normally have a Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management, a High School Diploma with several years of working experience in the hotel industry. Their average salary is somewhere around $59,430 annually. The job of the Lodging Managers falls under the category of some of the highest paying jobs in hotel industry.
Resorts and hotels are often considered to be the best destinations for conducting conferences, weddings and other events. When guests book the hotel for conducting any of these events, it is the Event Planners who coordinate and ensure that the dining and other experiences of the participants of the guests are taken well care off.
The roles and responsibilities of the Event Planner include:
- Attending meetings or calls with prospective clients to understand the purpose of the event.
- Planning and organizing the events.
- Providing detailed information to prospective clients about renting the different facilities and amenities.
The Event Planners mostly have a Bachelor’s Degree and they also have several years of working experience in the Hotel Industry. They earn a salary of around $49,470 annually. This is also another job that is without doubt one of the highest paying jobs in hotel industry.
Restaurant Manager manages the dining establishment in the hotel.
The responsibilities of the Restaurant Manager include:
- Recruiting, hiring and training new joiners.
- Checking the quality of the food served to guests.
- Developing Menus
On average, the Restaurant Manager earns around Rs.7, 00,000 annually.
Food and Beverage Director
The food and Beverage Director directs and checks all the food aspects in the hotel.
The roles and responsibilities of the Food and Beverage Director include:
- Planning the menu and the cost
- Preparing and presenting the food and the drinks.
- Adhering to quality and safety standards.
- Planning, coordinating and managing special events.
The average salary of the Food and Beverage Director is somewhere around Rs.13, 00000 annually. This position is considered to be one of the highest paying jobs in hotel industry.
House Keeping Director
The House Keeping Director needs to have strong troubleshooting skills. He also needs to have good HR acumen and should be able to take good care of the guests.
His responsibilities include:
- Handling a team of housekeepers to ensure that the hotel or the resort maintains the highest standards of housekeeping.
The average salary of the House Keeping Director is around Rs.4, 00000 annually. This is another job role which can be regarded as one of the highest paying jobs in hotel industry.
The Sales Manager needs to have a Bachelor’s Degree. As a Sales Manager in a hotel, you have to bring business to the hotel or the resort. You might bring more business to the hotel by increasing the traffic to the casino hotels or increasing the number of conference room spaces booking, but the important thing is to ensure that the revenue of the hotel is increased. It is good for someone, who has sales experience and is comfortable talking to people and networking.
The roles and responsibilities of a Sales Manager include:
- Developing Sales and Marketing Strategies that will help in bringing new businesses to the hotel.
- Researching the latest market trends.
- Creating and Manage Advertising Campaigns.
The average salary of the Sales Manager is around $127,490 annually.
All hotels these days have computers and there has to be someone who can fix the IT in the hotel. You can work as an IT Manager in the Hotel if you hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
The roles and responsibilities of the IT Manager include:
- Managing the IT system when the IT system is down.
The average salary for the IT Manager is around $78,499 annually. Since this is one of the highest paying jobs in hotel industry, there are several applicants who apply for this job role each year.
Executive Pastry Chef
You need to have a Bachelor’s Degree from a Culinary School to work as an Executive Pastry Chef.
The responsibilities include:
- Working with the dessert menu of Casinos, restaurants and hotel kitchens.
The average salary is around $64,990 annually. This needs special skills and is therefore counted among the highest paying jobs in hotel industry.
The Massage Therapist has an Associate Degree and is also certified by the state where they work.
The roles and responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that all the facilities related to the massage parlour in the hotel are taken care of.
The average salary is $53,222 annually.
Director of Sales
To get the job of the Director of Sales in a hotel, you need to have a Bachelor’s Degree in Hospital or Marketing.
The roles and responsibilities of the Director of Sales include:
- Combining hospitality and Sales to bring better business for the hotel.
The average salary of the Director of Sales is around $89,827 annually.
There are several job positions available in the Hotels or Resorts. The Hotel Sales Directors and The HR Managers earn quite a good salary. With time, it is expected that this industry would come up with a higher number of jobs. The best way to land up with one of the highest paying jobs in hotel industry, is to increase your hands on experience of working in hotels or resorts.